Unless you have a lot of cash, everyone NEEDS to talk to a mortgage lender (bank, credit union or mortgage company) and get a pre-approval letter from the lender BEFORE they shop for a house. Why?
1. The lender will tell you how much money you will need to purchase a house for sale in Kalamazoo or the surrounding areas.
2. The lender will tell you what price range you are qualified to purchase.
3. The lender will tell you how much your monthly house payments will be in your price range.
4. You won’t waste time considering homes or Kalamazoo real estate that the bank won’t approve. You will actually save time looking at homes that best suits your actual budget.
5. The Veenstra Team, your Kalamazoo REALTOR can direct you to all of the houses for sale that meets both your criterion and the lender’s criterion.
6. Kalamazoo house sellers will take your offer on their house seriously and will be more willing to negotiate theprice if you provide a pre-approval letter from the lender.
7. Many offers on Kalamazoo short sales or Kalamazoo foreclosure homes MUST BE accompanied by a pre-approval letter or the offer can not even be presented.