WOW! This house is better than new with all the well done upgrades for this low price in a Kalamazoo Promise neighborhood! You will be able to move right in and love living here. You would never be able to build a brand new house at this price point in this neighborhood, but you will be able to enjoy it when you purchase this house. The video below tells about some of the upgrades, the list below the video tells a bit more but you actually need to see it to believe it. You will find that the renovations were done with care and quality. You can see all the obvious things when you walk through the house, but pay attention to the details! For example, the rim joists were all insulated with solid sheets of foam and then each joist was caulked to make sure NO air gets in. There was insulation added, new windows, new garage door, the more expensive belt drive opener was installed for extra quiet. Things like that you just don’t usually get in a home renovation but you do with this one! The furnace is a high efficiency furnace, the water heater is new, the plumbing is new….the basement has all been painted……just take a look at the video, and the list of upgrades below the video and then call the Veenstra Team to take a look at it! 269-350-5514. You will be amazed!
List of changes/upgrades to 1117 Par 4 Circle home
This great home is basically all new and is an amazing value!!!
- New plywood (OSB) sheathing on main home roof
- New lifetime architectural shingles, ice and water shield, ridge venting
- New soffit venting
- New Anderson Energy Star replacement windows
- Walls insulated with dense-packed cellulose
- New garage door and belt-style (quiet) opener
- All new energy efficient entry doors
- New exterior light fixtures
- All new landscaping
- Newly painted siding and eaves
- New shutters
- New wood privacy fence at east property line
- New wood deck off of dining area
- New cellulose insulation in attic
- All newly painted walls, ceilings, and trim
- New kitchen cabinetry, solid plywood construction (not particleboard)
- New custom-built laminate counter-tops
- Includes all kitchen appliances (used, but in very good shape) – fridge, range, micro, and dishwasher
- New carpet
- New vinyl plank floors
- All new full bath – new tub, toilet, vanity, sink, faucet, fan, light, etc
- All new ½ bath – new toilet, vanity, sink, faucet, light, etc.
- New smoke and carbon monoxide alarms per new code
- All new electrical wiring and fixtures throughout, including a new 100 amp service, panel, etc.
- All new plumbing (supply lines and drains) throughout
- Main sewer was televised by Roto-Rooter and found to be in very good condition
- New Carrier 95% efficient natural gas furnace with programmable thermostat
- New Carrier central air conditioning
- New power-vent 40 gallon water heater
- New laundry tub and hookups for washer and dryer in basement
- Newly painted basement, including ceiling, walls, and floor
Kalamazoo Promise Schools
Any kids living in this house have the opportunity for a free college education because of the Kalamazoo Promise. What a huge bonus for living here!!
What are the important things to know about the Kalamazoo Promise? Check out this blog post and learn more about the Kalamazoo Promise. It is an amazing opportunity.
Here are some other links for the Kalamazoo Public Schools that may be helpful.
The Learning Network – a dynamic, growing collaboration of individuals and organizations embracing a vision that every child in Kalamazoo County will be ready for school, ready for college and ready for the world.
Communities in Schools – Communities In Schools of Kalamazoo (CIS) is a part of a nationwide network of passionate professionals working in public schools to surround students with a community of support, empowering them to stay in school and achieve in life.
Kalamazoo Public School News – Check out the news releases from the Kalamazoo Public Schools
Kalamazoo Public School Curriculum – The Michigan Department of Education K-12 Curriculum and Standards web page has detailed information and documentation on the following:
Learning objectives and benchmarks
Grade Level Content Expectations (GLCE)
Programs, research and resources
The Bronson Boulevard Neighborhood
This home has another great bonus and that is that it is located in the sought after Bronson Boulevard Neighborhood. The neighborhood has a neighborhood association called the WHITES RD/EDGEMOOR AVE/BRONSON BLVD (WEB) NEIGHBORHOOD ASSOCIATION
The residential neighborhood is located southwest of downtown Kalamazoo and consists of over 300 homes, mostly constructed in the mid-to-late 1900’s. This area has substantial homes that stand along its often-winding streets. It lies within the broader boundaries of the Westnedge Hill area. Click here for a neat video series about Westnedge Hill that the library has put together!
Contact & Meeting Information for the Neighborhood Association
Linda Wienir, President
2740 Cloyster Court
Kalamazoo, MI 49008
Association meetings take place as needed. Annual elections take place in October of even numbered years.
Property Values in the Bronson/Westnedge Hill Area
If you would like to know what property values are doing in the Bronson-Westnedge Hill area, complete the form at the bottom and ask or give us a call at 269-350-5514. We will run a current report for you. We can also alert you every time a home is sold in your neighborhood so you can keep track of neighborhood home sales for yourself.
Is this home not quite right for you?
We can help you find the right one. Be the first to know about houses that come on the market with our free home buyer tools. We will set up a private website for you that will show you every house that is currently on the market that matches your “wish list” and then we will send you an email AT THE SAME TIME AS REALTORS receive info, when a new match to your wish list hits the market. This tool will give you a much better chance of finding the best home values and home purchase opportunities in the Greater Kalamazoo market.
Need to sell your home before you can consider buying?
The Veenstra Team offers a totally free home sale consultation that includes a current market study that will help you understand the value you can expect given the current market conditions, and which also includes a free consultation about what you need to do to your house to make sure you get TOP DOLLAR for it when you sell it. CLICK HERE to sign up for a Free Home Marketing Consultation. (Yes, it really is totally free and without obligation!)