Imagine being able to work from home in a Kalamazoo setting as beautiful as this! This solid, well maintained, ”stick-built” ranch-style home on 3 country acres offers over 2,100 sq ft of main floor living space plus an attached 2 car garage. The pole barn offers an additional 700 sq ft of heated space and 1,200 sq ft (30 X 40) of storage with overhead doors. You will love the huge 4 season room with access to the spacious deck and fenced back yard. The house and barn are set back from the road with 2 nice size ponds in the front yard. Recent updates include energy efficient heat pump, house and barn roofing, kitchen flooring and counter tops, water heater and water softener and some carpeting. This custom-built home enjoys low Alamo Township taxes and is just 2 minutes from US-131 access, 10 minutes to Kalamazoo and 3 minutes to Alamo Elementary (Otsego Schools).
|CLICK HERE TO MAKE AN APPOINTMENT TO SEE THIS HOUSE|
Benefits of Working from your Alamo Township Home in Otsego Schools
This great home offers a great living situation…but it also has the best of all worlds. There are 3 acres that you will call your own. That means your own land to hunt, walk, enjoy birds, wildlife, garden and even enjoy a pond. You will love looking out over 1 of 2 ponds that will be YOURS! You can go feed the Coy, or drive your mower over the bridge. But that is not all this home has a huge barn that has a heated and cooled office! Imagine having your own office right at your own house. Whether you are an entrepreneur looking to start or expand their business or a telecommuter who wants to break free of the office grind and have a great TWO ROOM office to work from you will be so pleased with this office.
1. A ONE MINUTE walking commute time
You no longer have to deal with a commute that is stressful or unpleasant. You no longer have to waste productive time driving to work. With the fabulous options for working from home that this pole barn/office provides you will be able to save money, time and enjoy your work environment!
2. You can be more productive
You will be able to be more productive because you will not be in a loud environment or distracted by co-workers. You will be able to get more work done and, since you will have access to high speed cable, you will enjoy your technology environment.
3. Fewer sick days
A survey of work at home workers found that home workers did not call in sick as often. Your boss will love that! If you work at home and are mildly sick or have a cold you can often still get work done at home. In addition, the better work-life balance means workers are less likely to get ill in the first place because their stress levels are typically lower.
4. You can be happier AND juggle family a bit easier.
When you are able to work from home….either as an employee or as an entrepreneur, the survey found that workers generally were happier. Think about how much extra parenting time you can have if you walk home for lunch or breaks. Even if you have a sitter for the kids…..you can spend quality time during the day!
“But younger workers in particular see it as essential. Digital natives often expect to be able to harness the flexibility that technology provides, to enable them to work whenever and wherever suits them.”
Working from home likely allows workers to go to necessary appointments – the doctor’s, dentist or opticians – during their lunch break or before or after work since they are not spending excess time commuting to work.
6. A world of opportunities awaits at 6736 W D Ave
If you are considering starting a small business or have a hobby that would just blossom with a pole barn with 2 adjoining offices you simply must consider this exceptional home at 6736 W D Ave. What are just a few of the potential uses for this great home/barn/office combination? *
- woodworking or small manufacturing space with terrific sales office space
- great storage space for a company with some inventory and small office needs
- great hobby work space with the office space to be able to sell your merchandise via the internet
- great guest space for overnight guests
- great studio space for an artist or photograher
- great space to keep your tractors, old cars, boat, 4 wheeler etc.
In Michigan your child can attend any school in the district (called intradistrict choice) if your child’s current school is deemed low performing. Your child can also attend a school outside the district (interdistrict choice), provided that there is space and the receiving district agrees to accept the student. Charter schools are also available. Under the federal No Child Left Behind law, students attending a Title I school designated as “in need of improvement” have the right to attend a higher performing school in the district.
Students in Otsego attend one of five schools and a preschool:
When you are looking for specfic information about the schools, you might check out one of these Otsego School Departments
- Business Office
- Community Education
- Counseling, Guidance
- Curriculum and Instruction
Otsego Fine Arts
*Be sure to check for local municipality requirements.
FUN ACTIVITIES NEAR OTSEGO, MI
The city of Otsego MI is a great place to enjoy a downtown with some great shops, restaurants and businesses on M89. On the other hand, there are a few lakes in and around Otsego and the City of Kalamazoo is just a short ride away as is the city of South Haven. It is not uncommon for people who live in Otsego to work in Kalamazoo or South Haven. Here is a short list of just a few of the fun opportunities near the house for sale at Otsego MI. You will find many more fun places to explore once you buy this house.
- Kal-haven Trail – The house for sale at 6736 W D Ave is less than than a mile from the Kal-Haven Trail where you can walk, run, ride bikes, walk your dogs, cross country ski and even horsback ride in some places. Kal-Haven Trail State Park is a 34-mile crushed limestone path connecting South Haven and Kalamazoo. The trail meanders through wooded areas, past farm lands and over rivers and streams. Trail highlights include a camelback bridge and covered bridge.
- Paw Paw Lakes Golf Club
- Mattawan Village Park
- Mattawan Later Elementary Playground
- Rocky’s Stomping Grounds
- Stargazing field
- McGillan’s Crossing
- Kalamazoo Country Club
- Gull Lake Country Club
- Klinger Lake Country Club
- St Julian Winery
- Wine and Harvest Festival
- Strand Theatre
- Paw Paw Brewing Company
- Warner Vineyards Winery
- Lake Cora Hills Golf Club
- Heritage Glen Golf Club
- Edgin Creations
- Contessa Wine Cellars
- Four Winds Hartford
- Deer Forest Fun Park
- Jollay Orchards in Coloma
- Loma Theater
- South Haven Lighthouse
- South Beach in South Haven
- Anytime Fitness
FISHING NEAR ALAMO TOWNSHIP MI
There are so many places near Alamo Township MI for fishing if you are an angler. Check out this list and notice how close they are! Most of these lakes known for good angling are within 10 miles of the Alamo Township house/pole barn/office. And…..you can always stock YOUR OWN POND right in your own front yard!
Homes for sale in Otsego Schools or Schools in Nearby Greater Kalamazoo Communities
If this house on 6736 W D Ave is not quite right for you, we have custom searches for all the school districts in Greater Kalamazoo.
- Climax-Scotts Community School Homes For Sale
- Comstock Public School Homes For Sale
- Galesburg-Augusta Community School Homes For Sale
- Gobles Public School Homes For Sale
- Gull Lake Community School Homes For Sale
- Kalamazoo Public School Home For Sale
- Lawton Community School Homes For Sale
- Mattawan Consolidated School Homes For Sale
- Otsego Public School Homes For Sale
- Parchment School District Homes For Sale
- Paw Paw Public School Homes For Sale
- Plainwell Community School Homes For Sale
- Portage Public School Homes For Sale
- Schoolcraft Community School Homes For Sale
- Vicksburg Community School Homes For Sale
FIND OTHER HOMES ON WATER THE GREATER KALAMAZOO AREA
Find Other Homes with River Frontage For Sale
- Kalamazoo County Homes With River Frontage
- Van Buren County Homes with River Frontage
- Allegan County Homes with River Frontage
Kalamazoo County Lake & Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Austin Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Eagle Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Gourdneck Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Indian Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Little Sugarloaf Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Long Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Lost Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Mud Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Paw Paw Lake and waterfront Homes for sale
- Pickerel Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Sherman Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Stony Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Sugareloaf Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- West Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Bankson Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Cedar Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Christie Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Clear Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Crooked Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Eagle Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Fish Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Gravel Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Great Bear Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Huzzys Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Lake 11 Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Lake of the Woods and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Lime Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Maple Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Mud Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- North Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Round Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Saddle Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- School Section Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Scotts Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Shafer Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Three Legged Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Three Mile Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Van Auken Lake and Waterfront Homes for sale
- Battle Creek Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Grand Rapids Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Grand Haven Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Holland Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
- Muskegon Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
- South Haven Lake and Waterfront Homes For Sale
We offer a free service that allows a home buyer to be alerted at the same time as REALTORS when a home comes on the market. That means you get the opportunity to see the property before most home buyers.