Kalamazoo MI: When you are buying or selling a Kalamazoo area house you will soon discover that there are hundreds of REALTORS. Are they all the same? Do all the agents from a particular company provide the same services? The answer to those questions is a resounding NO! There is a HUGE variation of service level, quality and tools which are used to help you reach your goals.
Asking the right questions will lead to the answers that help you determine which agent will provide the best service and the best experience for the purchase or sale of their home.
Rudyard Kipling wrote the verse “I keep six serving men, they taught me all I knew; their names were what and why and when and how and where and who.” Prefacing your questions with one of these words can help you get the information you need to make a good decision about the REALTOR® you use.
- How long have you been selling homes in Greater Kalamazoo and is this your full-time job?
- What designations or other credentials do you have?
- How many homes did you and your team sell last year? (If this answer is more than 100 you should ask further questions about how many each person on the team sold and you should ask which person on the team you will be working with. An agent/team that sells over 100 homes a year likely has multiple agents — and all those agents do not provide the same level of service! You don’t want to be stuck with a rookie agent!)
- When and how will you report to me on the progress of my transaction?
- Who can you recommend for service providers like mortgage, inspections, repairs and maintenance?
- Why do you want to work with me?
- Where are the biggest opportunities to expose my Kalamazoo area home to the largest market?
- How do you help buyers in this competitive market?
- What tools do you use to help me?
- What tools will I be able to use?
Finding the right person to represent you is a little like the person who ordered a lobster dinner at a restaurant. When the waiter brought out the meal, the lobster only had one claw. The customer asked why it only had one claw and the waiter said: “I don’t know; I guess it was in a fight.” The customer looked at him and said: “then, bring me the lobster who won.”
The Veenstra Team answers these questions in our marketing presentations for sellers and in our buyer consultations for buyers. We are confident that our passion, commitment, service, systems, tools and processes are among the very best in Kalamazoo. Our people are focused on you and meeting your needs. Give us a call at 269-350-5514 and let us answer the questions for you.
Successfully serving home buyers and sellers since 1985!