The Kalamazoo Promise is an amazing gift that was given to the Kalamazoo MI Community. The Kalamazoo Promise provides FREE COLLEGE EDUCATION to ALL the students who attend the Kalamazoo Public Schools!
YES, that seems completely unbelievable, but it is true! Here are 10 things you need to know about the promise!
- The Kalamazoo Promise is for ALL students who attend the Kalamazoo Public Schools (KPS).
- You must live in a home that is within the boundaries of KPS. You cannot live in Portage Schools or Mattawan Schools or other area schools and use the schools of choice program.
- At a minimum you must attend all 4 years of high school years (9-12) in KPS (enrollment & residency) and graduate from KPS (Central / Loy Norrix/ Phoenix).
- The Kalamazoo Promise does not have an end date. It was created to continue for many years to come.
- The Kalamazoo Promise is really a 4 year scholarship (a bachelor’s degree or 130 credits, whichever occurs first) and you can go to ANY public college in MI and also many private colleges!
- You can use your scholarship within ten years from the time you graduate from high school and you can start and stop any time.
- The Kalamazoo Promise covers your tuition and mandatory fees.
- Students will have the opportunity to sign up for the Kalamazoo Promise when they start their senior year. There are two simple forms that students will fill out for The Kalamazoo Promise. These meetings are held in the fall for all the seniors in the KPS.
- Students may use their Kalamazoo Promise Scholarship at Kalamazoo Valley Community College(KVCC) and may may attend part-time.
- The Veenstra Team is able to set you up with a free private home search website that will ONLY show you homes that are for sale in the Kalamazoo Promise School District THAT MATCH YOUR want/needs lists so you don’t have to WONDER if a particular house qualifies. Call us at 269-350-5514 or fill out the form below and we will contact you. We provide the best tools in the Greater Kalamazoo area for home buyers — AND THEY ARE FREE.