Housing decisions for Senior Citizen are typically emotionally charged decisions. So often a senior citizen has lived in their house for many years. The house is full of memories and treasures that seem hard to part with. The challenge of moving is further complicated because of the overwhelming nature of the physical move.
When there are emotional barriers to the move, it is sometimes helpful to spend time reminiscing about the memories and taking some pictures of the various treasures that trigger the memories. Sometimes this kind of reminiscing leads to more difficulty for the senior citizen as it makes the house and it’s belonging seem even more important to preserve. But often times, the reliving of the memories and recording the home and treasures in pictures can be a step of closure for the seniors.
Depending on the senior again, there may be new found joy and a sense of comfort and peace in the passing on of heirlooms and treasures to children and grand-children. If you have been around your elderly parents much you will likely already suspect how the senior citizen will react. If you are an adult child helping make decisions for the elderly parent try to give the elderly parent the respect and opportunity to make as many decisions as they can.
It is often helpful for adult children of senior citizens to pull in professionals to assist in the decision making process. A Pastor that is respected by the senior citizen is often a good partner in decision making. A REALTOR that understands the situation can be very helpful in providing professional opinions regarding market value that help make a decision clear.
Don’t hesitate to contact the Veenstra Team, REALTORS at Evenboer Walton REALTORS if you are trying to decide whatnext housing steps. Our goal is to provide the information that is needed to make the best decisions and to get the home sold as quickly as possible and for the most money possible WHEN the time is right. We are not pushy and do not hound. We are here to serve and will wait until the opportunity is right for the senior citizens.
- Providing Real Estate Solutions for Kalamazoo Senior Citizens
- View Our Kalamazoo homes for sale at www.VeenstraTeam.com.
- The Veenstra Team specializes in helping senior citizens (and their children or caregivers) handle Kalamazoo senior housing decisions with wisdom.
- Contact the Veenstra Team to learn about greater Kalamazoo real estate options for Senior Citizens, including Portage real estate, Mattawan real estate, Oshtemo real estate, and real estate in any of the communities surrounding Kalamazoo.
- Of course, the Veenstra Team also serves all non-Senior home buyers in the greater Kalamazoo area and all non-Senior home sellers in the greater Kalamazoo area. We help people purchase or sell any Kalamazoo homes, Kalamazoo income property, Kalamazoo Lake Homes, Kalamazoo Executive Homes, Kalamazoo resort homes. We also handle Kalamazoo short sales which can help distressed homeowners in Kalamazoo avoid Michigan foreclosure.
- We offer specialized services for Kalamazoo senior citizens and children with aging parents seeking Kalamazoo real estate information.
- We offer free Kalamazoo relocation packets, Kalamazoo real estate home searches, Kalamazoo tours and specialized services for people who are moving to Kalamazoo.
- For families moving anywhere else in the US or Canada, we offer Free Nationwide Relocation Services and free REALTOR referral through the EXODUS Network.
- I would like FREE help from the Veenstra Team to buy a home or sell my Kalamazoo real estate.
- I would like a free evaluation from the Veenstra Team so that I know how much my home is worth!
- The Veenstra Team members operate with integrity and Biblical standards and donate 10% of all income earned to charities. Veenstra Team members serve as volunteers in many Christian and public organizations and schools in addition to our service to families regarding Kalamazoo real estate.