Portage and Kalamazoo MI Senior Real Estate – Many senior citizens have lived in their house for 20 30, 40 or even 50 years! How can you NOT be emotionally attached? What a challenge then to consider moving into a new senior retirement center, or assisted living facillity. There is not only the feeling of being overwhelmed by the sheer magnitude of the tasks ahead, there can also often be a sense of loss. That feeling of loss is not just related to leaving a house that has been home for so long, but it is also a loss of the sense of independance. So what are some practical ways to deal with the challenges? Here is one idea to preserve the memories of the home that they are leaving.
Have one of the kids or grandkids come and take pictures and pictures and more pictures……or actually, have more than one person come with cameras and have a fun time sorting and “playing” and “photographing!” When you are going through and sorting possessions, memories are bound to pop up. Be ready to capture the memories through photos and with an audio or video recorder. Yep, you guessed it….there will be tears and laughter, highs and lows……BUT you will also be able to learn and love and celebrate the legacy of living in that house… As a moving-in present at the new house, create a photo book of all the pictures that you took during those sorting and packing days. Perhaps retell some of the stories in the book that were remembered that day. The book will be a cherished key and lasting legacy of the lives lived in that home.
This is obviously not the quick way to get the sorting and packing done, but rest assured, it will be one of your favorite memories of the loved ones who lived in that house.
- Providing Real Estate Solutions for Kalamazoo Senior Citizens
- View Our Kalamazoo homes for sale at www.VeenstraTeam.com.
- The Veenstra Team specializes in helping senior citizens (and their children or caregivers) handle Kalamazoo senior housing decisions with wisdom.
- Contact the Veenstra Team to learn about greater Kalamazoo real estate options for Senior Citizens, including Portage real estate, Mattawan real estate, Oshtemo real estate, and real estate in any of the communities surrounding Kalamazoo.
- Of course, the Veenstra Team also serves all non-Senior home buyers in the greater Kalamazoo area and all non-Senior home sellers in the greater Kalamazoo area. We help people purchase or sell any Kalamazoo homes, Kalamazoo income property, Kalamazoo Lake Homes, Kalamazoo Executive Homes, Kalamazoo resort homes. We also handle Kalamazoo short sales which can help distressed homeowners in Kalamazoo avoid Michigan foreclosure.
- We offer specialized services for Kalamazoo senior citizens and children with aging parents seeking Kalamazoo real estate information.
- We offer free Kalamazoo relocation packets, Kalamazoo real estate home searches, Kalamazoo tours and specialized services for people who are moving to Kalamazoo.
- For families moving anywhere else in the US or Canada, we offer Free Nationwide Relocation Services and free REALTOR referral through the EXODUS Network.
- I would like FREE help from the Veenstra Team to buy a home or sell my Kalamazoo real estate.
- I would like a free evaluation from the Veenstra Team so that I know how much my home is worth!
- The Veenstra Team members operate with integrity and Biblical standards and donate 10% of all income earned to charities. Veenstra Team members serve as volunteers in many Christian and public organizations and schools in addition to our service to families regarding Kalamazoo real estate.