Portage – Kalamazoo MI Senior Real Estate – In our last blog post we talked about the emotional attachment that is bound to come after living in a house for many years and we suggested one fun way for children of elderly adults or grandchildren of elderly adults can help create some lasting memories while sorting and packing. Today, I will give you another idea that your family can use to help the elderly adult in your family remember the wonderful blessing that the house was, without mourning the loss of it when in a new environment. Have each of the family members in your house create a page for a book that you can create and give to your elderly parents or grandparents moving to a senior retirement center or assisted living facility. Click here for a link to a page that you can send to everyone to complete. Have them either write a story, attach some pictures, draw a picture or ….. We have included a cover for the pages too. There is a place for you to attach a picture or two of the house on the cover as well!
I would suggest that you WAIT until AFTER the move to give this book to your aging parents or grandparents so that it can be a CELEBRATION of the house instead of a REASON not to leave! With most senior citizens there comes a time when living in their current house is either not safe or is not possible given physical limitations. Having a book of written memories from family members and friends will be a way for the senior citizens (AND the children and grandparents who may also be struggling with the change of not having Mom or Dad and/or Grandma or Grandpa in the same house) to celebrate and remember the many blessings of the people and places which are a part of their legacy.
- Providing Real Estate Solutions for Kalamazoo Senior Citizens
- View Our Kalamazoo homes for sale at www.VeenstraTeam.com.
- The Veenstra Team specializes in helping senior citizens (and their children or caregivers) handle Kalamazoo senior housing decisions with wisdom.
- Contact the Veenstra Team to learn about greater Kalamazoo real estate options for Senior Citizens, including Portage real estate, Mattawan real estate, Oshtemo real estate, and real estate in any of the communities surrounding Kalamazoo.
- Of course, the Veenstra Team also serves all non-Senior home buyers in the greater Kalamazoo area and all non-Senior home sellers in the greater Kalamazoo area. We help people purchase or sell any Kalamazoo homes, Kalamazoo income property, Kalamazoo Lake Homes, Kalamazoo Executive Homes, Kalamazoo resort homes. We also handle Kalamazoo short sales which can help distressed homeowners in Kalamazoo avoid Michigan foreclosure.
- We offer specialized services for Kalamazoo senior citizens and children with aging parents seeking Kalamazoo real estate information.
- We offer free Kalamazoo relocation packets, Kalamazoo real estate home searches, Kalamazoo tours and specialized services for people who are moving to Kalamazoo.
- For families moving anywhere else in the US or Canada, we offer Free Nationwide Relocation Services and free REALTOR referral through the EXODUS Network.
- I would like FREE help from the Veenstra Team to buy a home or sell my Kalamazoo real estate.
- I would like a free evaluation from the Veenstra Team so that I know how much my home is worth!
- The Veenstra Team members operate with integrity and Biblical standards and donate 10% of all income earned to charities. Veenstra Team members serve as volunteers in many Christian and public organizations and schools in addition to our service to families regarding Kalamazoo real estate.