Kalamazoo MI – What is the difference between a custom builder and a production builder? If you are thinking about building a house it is a bit confusing to figure out who does what and who builds what. Here’s a short summary that helps point out the basic differences between custom home builders and and production home builders.
Custom home builders usually:
- Build on your own land or lot. Some custom builders also build on land they own.
- Build houses that are one-of-a-kind and built specifically for the preferences of a partiular customer. A custom home is a home that is built from a unique set of plans which were made or customized for a specific client. Some custom builders may offer design/build services and others do not.
- Usually build single-family homes.
- Are usually builders that build 25 or fewer homes a year.
- Tend to build high-end homes with lots of customized features, woodwork and finishes.
Production home builders generally:
- Typically build on land that is owned and is being developed by the production building company.
- Tend to use stock house plans, but usually offer the customer a variety of plan choices and options and upgrades.
- Build all types of housing — they will build single-family, condos, town houses, and rental properties.
- Are builders that usually build more than 25 homes a year.
- Generally build for all different income levels — You will find entry level homes, move up homes, luxury homes, etc.
If you are looking to build a custom home or buy a brand new home in the greater Kalamazoo area, the Veenstra Team is happy to help you sort things out and show you lot and land options.
Phone: (269) 350-5514. CLICK HERE TO EMAIL US.
Providing expert guidance for families looking to build new homes in Kalamazoo!
View Our homes for sale at www.VeenstraTeam.com.
The Veenstra Team’s licensed Buyer Agents represent new home buyers in Kalamazoo.
Contact the Veenstra Team to explore the Greater Kalamazoo home building options. We also serve home buyers in the greater Kalamazoo area and home sellers in the greater Kalamazoo area. We can help you purchase or sell any Kalamazoo homes, Kalamazoo income property, Kalamazoo Lake Homes, Kalamazoo Executive Homes, or Kalamazoo resort homes. We help Kalamazoo homeowners avoid Michigan foreclosure with our specialized short sale services. We offer specialized services for Kalamazoo senior citizens and children with aging parents seeking Kalamazoo real estate information. We also offer free Kalamazoo relocation packets, Kalamazoo tours and specialized services for people who are moving to Kalamazoo. For families moving anywhere else in the US or Canada, we offer Free Nationwide Relocation Services and free REALTOR referral.